TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Visitors from Norway

Discussion in 'Europe -' started by doug, Jun 5, 2013.

1. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Nov 28, 2006
    Stanford, California
    I noticed a spike in the traffic from Norway. Best I can tell it's because of this article: Her bor Tesla-eierne - tema -

Can anyone give me the gist. (Google page translate is failing at the moment.)
  2. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

Feb 9, 2012
    Drammen, Norway
    My (quick and dirty) translation (nighttime here right now, forgive any errors, I'm on-call at the hospital).

[large cut-out of Robert's map of registered reservation holders]

Here is where the Tesla owners live

Check if your neighbour purchased [the car].

Tesla Model S gets a lot of attention.

Not that strange, the all-electric luxury car with sports-car like performance is one of the most innovative things that has appeared on this front in many years.

I Norway this car has been a hughe success. Thanks to the special policies in Norway regarding EVs, which give exemptions from registering fees as well as V.A.T, the car becomes especially attractively priced here - at least compared to the price in its native country USA.

That electric cars - at least as of now - still can drive in the bus lanes as well as several other special benefits, make the cars popular - especially in urban areas.

You can confirm this yourself by clicking the map developed by They have plotted all the adresses of the Tesla customers. The map clearly shows that Norway is indeed a Tesla country, at least compared to our Nordic neighbours.

While there have been over a thousand cars "pre-sold" in Noway, there is only one sale booked in Finland.

The map also shows (you can zoom to street level) where in the country the customers live.

Not all that unexpectedly the bulk of the Tesla customers live in the Oslo area, but you will also found one Tesla owner in eastern Finnmark.

The Tesla factory in California is running in high gear at the moment, and deliveries to the norwegian Tesla customers is set to start at the end of this month.

The crappy punctuation, strange use of hyphens and general poor wording is not mine, it's the way the journalist wrote the story in Norwegian. (who puts a comma before "and"? Why all the hyphens?) Also, he forget to fact check a lot of things and has drawn a lot of conclusions (erranous conclusions) on his own. Journalism these days is really in decline...