Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Visual differences in LR AWD vs Performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There were numerous changes...off the top of my head:
  1. Heat pump
  2. Powered trunk
  3. Double paned front windows
  4. Heated steering wheel on LR and P trims
  5. Larger 82 kWh battery on LR and P trims (previous 78 kWh)
  6. New 2170L battery cells instead of 2170C cells on LR and P trims
  7. New headlights
  8. New trunk gasket for better water runoff
  9. USB-C instead of USB-A ports
  10. New accent leather stitching on center console
  11. Black exterior trim instead of chrome
  12. USB drive included in glove box
  13. New aero covers
  14. Completely redesigned center console and charging pad
  15. Metal scrolling wheels
  16. Magnetic sun visor clips
  17. New door insert trim
I'm sure there are others I'm missing also.
Apart from heat pump and perhaps batteries, I don't consider the rest 'major' upgrades. As for black trim well that isn't an upgrade for people who prefer chrome!

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Apart from heat pump and perhaps batteries, I don't consider the rest 'major' upgrades. As for black trim well that isn't an upgrade for people who prefer chrome!
Agree to disagree then. I listed many things above...powered trunk, double paned windows, larger and more advanced battery, new headlights, heated steering wheel...not just simple "cosmetic" changes.

Reactions: BMWM3Man
How much better is the new upgraded battery? Assume the heat pump adds to that efficiency as well.
Provides for longer range as it is a larger battery and the cells are the newest tech. I think the EPA range is like 25 miles more on the LR vs 2020 (real world mileage will vary). Heat pump is big benefit for those in cold climates. I also listed out that entire list of changes. You'll many threads on here about the "big 2021 refresh."

Yep just did a quick insurance check and same for LR or P
When I first checked in July so going from my BMW M240 near 5 years old, new list was £45K now £22K insurance was £450, LR at £51K was £480.

In Sept when I got the LR best I could do was £640 so price has jumped. My old insurance was quoting £1,300 as they only had one broker so cancelled and moved.
Prices are similar now.

So I think insurance companies are catching on that the software is constantly updating so cars getting faster. is the new LR similar as a old P before its upgrades.

How does the acceleration boost effect your insurance? its OEM its software so is that a remap?

Best time is 20 to 30 days but Tesla only gave me 16 days notice. By the time I was rechecking was a week before pick up. 19 days vs 27 days is £9.00 less for the 27 days

My insurance company does not know that my stealth 3 is a performance model; I spent a few bucks at amazon to get pedal covers as the default little rubber ones just felt cheap. Aside from that, most folks who don't own 3's probably wouldn't know the difference between my car and any other 3 though it does have the rear badge dual motor and red underline (Tesla put it on when they delivered a new keycard to me and I was ok with it)

Comments about trusting the car's own screens seems the best way to know for sure

Like a lot of cars say BMW 1.8 is a software detuned 2.0.
I would have guessed the LR and P is the same underpinnings. This makes production easy same with options they are normally added in factory they are just not activated.

Oh wonder why I can get a software boost for my LR taking 0.5s for £1,500.
They appear to run very similar after the initial boost the P does not continue to pull away.
Guess tesla do not want 1s or the P does not make sense.
If I knew before I would not hesitate getting the LR knowing just a bit more cash I can get half of the difference in performance Vs full £8K.

What I cant find is the kw of the bats. I can only see 330 miles full range.

My old BMW M240 was as fast as the outgoing M2 even now M2 is still only 0.2 seconds faster. But is way more expensive harsh loud and in a street battle not a lot. PX yes may hold its value.