TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Visualization not working

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by Ugoboy32, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Ugoboy32

Ugoboy32 Member

I have HW3 on our 2020 Model X on version 2019.40.50.1, but I am not seeing the visualization(Stop sign, traffic lights, and line markings) that were suppose to come with this update for HW3 vehicles. Just wondering if I am missing something. Everything else appears to be working fine. Voice commands, and text messaging are working.

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Since you didn’t mention it, we have to ask if you turned it on? It’s a setting.

• Like x 1
  3. drtimhill

drtimhill Member

Check its on .. in Driving screen I think, but it mentions where to turn it on in release notes.

• Like x 1
  4. rkinney

rkinney Member

I had this same issue, then my son showed me how to turn it on in settings. When I was young I showed my dad how to program the clock on the VCR....my son has it a lot harder then I did growing up:)

• Like x 1
  5. Mpglaw1

Mpglaw1 Member

I made the same mistake and someone explained you turn it on in the visualizations under the autopilot menu and it worked. They are defaulted off. Good luck.

• Like x 1
  6. Ugoboy32

Ugoboy32 Member

With a bowed head and a shameful look on my face, I admit I did not read the release notes! Therefore I did not know it had to be turned on. I have now turned the feature on and will test tomorrow.
    Thanks everyone for the information and getting me pointed in the right direction.

7. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Lol does anyone read the thread? Why do we need four posts saying the same thing?

8. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

Just to verify, this is for HW3 cars only?

If so, I have EAP but not FSD. Can I get HW3?

9. ShawnA

ShawnA Member

Hi Jboy210,

Yes, it's for HW3...
    What month and MCU of 2018 X do you have?
    I'm fairly sure you need FSD for the visualizations.

Shawn

10. gjunky

gjunky Trifecta: Solar and both cars are EVs

Right now you need MCU2 and FSD and HW3 to see the visualizations

11. raptor5244

raptor5244 Member

You actually don't need FSD. You just need HW3 and you will be presented with traffic lights, stop signs, garbage cans, traffic cones, some street/line markings and surprisingly my basketball hoop shows up. By the way, all worthless since I can see all those things by looking out the window while I am driving. ;)

12. micpad

micpad Member

I have a 2018 model x fully loaded. I see vines for visuals but not stop signs or traffic lights. Is this normal? Something not on or is it The hardware?

13. mswlogo

mswlogo Active Member

You can get HW3 is you buy FSD, assuming you have HW2 or HW2.5 already.

14. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

OK. I don't see the value in FSD over EAP which gives me Nav on AP and lane changes. I believe I have 2.5 AP now (May/June 2018). So I guess I will stay without depictions for another 18 months until the lease expires.

15. RSS-X

RSS-X Member

I downloaded 2019.40.50.7 a few days ago, turned on visualization, but it wasn't working. I picked up my X LR FSD in September, 2019. Teslafi reported that I have HW 2.5, which I didn't think was right. Found a youtube video about checking your HW version. Using VLC Media Player and your USB drive for recording video, you check to see which CODEC you have. according to the video, I had HW 2.5. That information is incorrect. I do have HW 3.0, confirmed by Tesla Service.

Scheduled a visit from Mobil Service, and within 1/2 hour, I had a phone call from tech support. They had me verify that visualization was on (it wasn't). Turned it on, and then they had me change from my profile to Easy Entry. Checked visualization, and it was turned off. Turned it on in the Easy Entry profile, and now it works. Previously, I was seeing traffic cones, but no traffic signals or stop signs. On the display, the signals are really tiny, but if you look carefully, you can see the lights are either red or green. Didn't notice if they ever show yellow. Very nice!

If they would just fix the Voice Commands, I'd be really happy.

16. drtimhill

drtimhill Member

Well yes, you do need to turn it on :)