Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIVEO/interview with David Strickland of NHTSA today on CNBC at LA Auto Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NHTSA on Tesla: Lots of questions to be answered - CNBC

Seems like a very positive interview to me. He is appreciative of a Tesla being very collaborative in the investigation.
Thanks! Nice find.

We have to remember there is a Thanksgiving vacation-week for many in the US coming up, followed shortly by a year end vacation period. As much as I would like to see this case closed ASAP, I would be surprised if the investigation closed before sometime in January.

But who knows, some positive PR from the NHTSA (hopefully) concluding the car is safe inlate January, followed by a good Q4 ER in early February may just be what the doctor ordered for TSLA.

Thanks! Nice find.

We have to remember there is a Thanksgiving vacation-week for many in the US coming up, followed shortly by a year end vacation period. As much as I would like to see this case closed ASAP, I would be surprised if the investigation closed before sometime in January.

But who knows, some positive PR from the NHTSA (hopefully) concluding the car is safe inlate January, followed by a good Q4 ER in early February may just be what the doctor ordered for TSLA.

You're welcome. In the interview, David implied he's hopeful they'll conclude investigation within weeks rather than months.
I certainly hope it concludes within weeks. Tesla needs this investigation concluded in a timely manner. I don't think there's really all that much facts to review and Elon has already stated his position, actions taken, and willingness to work with NHTSA closely.