Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VMR V710FF 19" Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Model 3 is finally wearing the wheels I got for the summer months. These are 19" VMR V710FF wheels. I'm thrilled with the look, and the crisp handling the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires provide. I took delivery with the stock 18" aero wheels and put Bridgestone Blizzak tires on those for winter. This setup, with two sets of wheels and tires was only a little more money than the Tesla 19" wheel upgrade. I'm happy having gone this route, because I get great performance during both winter and summer with dedicated wheels/tires for each, and I get this great look during most of the year. I just finished this photo shoot today. Check it out.

I went with a staggered configuration with this set:
- 19 x 8.5 front with 235/40 R19 tires
- 19 x 9.5 rear with 265/35 R19 tires

TM3-full-1.jpg

TM3-full-2.jpg

TM3-front-side.jpg

TM3-front-wheel.jpg

TM3-rear-side.jpg

I did this weight comparison before my purchase:

View attachment 291148

Cool. Thanks. Good weight on the wheel and great choice on the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Awesome tire. Dry and wet. I ordered the 19” Sport wheels and will eventually replace the stock Conti’s with the same Michelin’s. The Model 3 20” Tesla Sport wheels available on the website store use the new Pilot Sport 4S as well. Good video and report embedded below:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...&autoYear=2018&autoModel=Model 3&autoModClar=

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
My Model 3 is finally wearing the wheels I got for the summer months. These are 19" VMR V710FF wheels. I'm thrilled with the look, and the crisp handling the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires provide. I took delivery with the stock 18" aero wheels and put Bridgestone Blizzak tires on those for winter. This setup, with two sets of wheels and tires was only a little more money than the Tesla 19" wheel upgrade. I'm happy having gone this route, because I get great performance during both winter and summer with dedicated wheels/tires for each, and I get this great look during most of the year. I just finished this photo shoot today. Check it out.

Dave, I absolutely fell in love with these fast Vorsteiner wheels on your 3.
Getting the same staggered set-up. Thanks for doing the research.
I've messaged Vorsteiner to order my own set in the Bronze Burst color to set off my Blue 3

View attachment 291043
View attachment 291044
View attachment 291045
View attachment 291046
View attachment 291047
Nice! I've got the same wheels coming next week, though I had VMR powder coat them Gloss Black prior to shipment to pop against the Pearl White color of my particular Model 3. Did you get the tires mounted and balanced at the same place you bought the tires from? I'm nervous to find a place that won't screw up the wheel finish.

won't staggered offset screw up tire rotations? Or do you simply have the shop remove and remount the tires every time? I like that look more than the 19 OEMs I ordered :(

It doesn’t “screw up tire rotations”... You simply don’t rotate staggered wheels unless the tires are asymmetrical/symmetrical. If they are directional and you’re anal about rotation, you have to dismount and remount the tire.

Fronts have a 35 offset, rears have a 45 offset (I ordered the same wheels but with Gloss Black powder coat). Center bore is 64.1 and the lug spacing is 5 x 114.3
How do you like the powder coated wheels? I was looking to get the V710s in matte black but they are out of stock until November. They offered to powder coat for a small fee but I prefer not having the wheels powder coated. Wondered if you could tell the difference and if there is any long term effects of powder coated wheels vs non powder coated

Very nice Dave! I'm considering the same setup as yours, but researching a staggered versus a square setup. I have the long range model 3 with awd, so not sure if staggered with be an improvement?
If I had to do it again I’d get square and go with 255 width all around, now that we know that size fits. On the performance I’d do staggered with 255 front and 275 rear.

Status
Not open for further replies.