TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

VMR V710FF 19" Wheels

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Tdave, Apr 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Tdave

Tdave Member

My Model 3 is finally wearing the wheels I got for the summer months. These are 19" VMR V710FF wheels. I'm thrilled with the look, and the crisp handling the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires provide. I took delivery with the stock 18" aero wheels and put Bridgestone Blizzak tires on those for winter. This setup, with two sets of wheels and tires was only a little more money than the Tesla 19" wheel upgrade. I'm happy having gone this route, because I get great performance during both winter and summer with dedicated wheels/tires for each, and I get this great look during most of the year. I just finished this photo shoot today. Check it out.

I went with a staggered configuration with this set:
    - 19 x 8.5 front with 235/40 R19 tires
    - 19 x 9.5 rear with 265/35 R19 tires

TM3-full-1.jpg
    TM3-full-2.jpg
    TM3-front-side.jpg
    TM3-front-wheel.jpg
    TM3-rear-side.jpg

• Like x 6
    • Love x 1
  2. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

Wheels look great! Even better with the MC red. Do you know how much the wheels weigh? I couldn’t find it.

3. Tdave

Tdave Member

I did this weight comparison before my purchase:

9F7974EE-27AA-4B4F-BA0C-52FA88D35C8B.jpeg

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  4. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

How are you enjoying the driving dynamics with the staggered setup?

5. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Active Member

Looks good! Can you share the offsets of both the front and rear wheels?

6. Boludo

Boludo Member

Those wheels look awesome! Also curious about the offsets.

7. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

#7 03DSG, Apr 2, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    Cool. Thanks. Good weight on the wheel and great choice on the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Awesome tire. Dry and wet. I ordered the 19” Sport wheels and will eventually replace the stock Conti’s with the same Michelin’s. The Model 3 20” Tesla Sport wheels available on the website store use the new Pilot Sport 4S as well. Good video and report embedded below:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sport+4S&partnum=34YR9PS4SXL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Tesla&autoYear=2018&autoModel=Model%203&autoModClar=

• Informative x 1
  8. Blu Angel

Blu Angel Member

Dave, I absolutely fell in love with these fast Vorsteiner wheels on your 3.
    Getting the same staggered set-up. Thanks for doing the research.
    I've messaged Vorsteiner to order my own set in the Bronze Burst color to set off my Blue 3

9. jlundstrom

jlundstrom New Member

Nice! I've got the same wheels coming next week, though I had VMR powder coat them Gloss Black prior to shipment to pop against the Pearl White color of my particular Model 3. Did you get the tires mounted and balanced at the same place you bought the tires from? I'm nervous to find a place that won't screw up the wheel finish.

10. Tdave

Tdave Member

VMR sent me the set with my choice of tires mounted and tire pressure sensors inside.

11. jlundstrom

jlundstrom New Member

Fronts have a 35 offset, rears have a 45 offset (I ordered the same wheels but with Gloss Black powder coat). Center bore is 64.1 and the lug spacing is 5 x 114.3

12. jlundstrom

jlundstrom New Member

Cool. I'll have to check back with them and see what kind of pricing they can offer me. Would be nice to just get them out of the box, add nitrogen, and install...

• Informative x 1
  13. Glamisduner

Glamisduner Active Member

won't staggered offset screw up tire rotations? Or do you simply have the shop remove and remount the tires every time? I like that look more than the 19 OEMs I ordered :(

14. itskv

itskv Member

It doesn’t “screw up tire rotations”... You simply don’t rotate staggered wheels unless the tires are asymmetrical/symmetrical. If they are directional and you’re anal about rotation, you have to dismount and remount the tire.

15. jtpassat

jtpassat Member

which vendor did you buy from? Link??

16. O Dub

O Dub Member

How do you like the powder coated wheels? I was looking to get the V710s in matte black but they are out of stock until November. They offered to powder coat for a small fee but I prefer not having the wheels powder coated. Wondered if you could tell the difference and if there is any long term effects of powder coated wheels vs non powder coated

17. superpipo

superpipo New Member

Hi,

I ended up getting this same setup as you as it looks so good. However, I was not able to find info on the recommended tire pressures for these tires? Would you happen to know the recommendations? Thanks!

18. denizen13

denizen13 New Member

19. Kronikker

Kronikker Member

Very nice Dave! I'm considering the same setup as yours, but researching a staggered versus a square setup. I have the long range model 3 with awd, so not sure if staggered with be an improvement?

20. Tdave

Tdave Member

If I had to do it again I’d get square and go with 255 width all around, now that we know that size fits. On the performance I’d do staggered with 255 front and 275 rear.