Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VMS error messages during radio removal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone:

First post for me. I have owned Roadster VIN #129 for about 2 years now. I decided this week to replace the stock JVC receiver with a more modern unit. After removing the JVC unit, I disconnected the other end of the radio harness to see if I could find the right replacement harness or if I would have to cut/splice wires on the harness to fit the connector tail for the new radio. Anyways, at some point during the disconnect of the harness on the roadster end I must have loosened another connector or broke a wire under the dash. I started getting errors on the VMS about HVAC under voltage and ABS short circuit. So now I'm probably going to have to go through the process of dash removal to ensure everything is where it should be under the dash. It would be helpful if we had service/technical manuals available to us instead of guessing at everything. Does anyone have any words of advice on dealing with this?

Thanks!
Dave

Anyways, at some point during the disconnect of the harness on the roadster end I must have loosened another connector or broke a wire under the dash. I started getting errors on the VMS about HVAC under voltage and ABS short circuit.

Dave -

Did you ever find out what caused that ABS error message? I started replacing my head unit and now I'm getting the same error message. I already checked all visible wires twice and couldn't find any obvious damage.

Peter