Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice command button not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The voice command button is no longer working on my 17. The button is working as it can do the reset, yet nothing happens when I hit it while the car is on. Any idea guys as to why??

I am also seeing the voice help prompt as I start the vehicle too. Is that normal?

Thanks

Same problem, get in the car and drive, button does not work, then i stop put in park and its start working. Also when i start the vehicle its like I hit the voice prompt, same problem as above, 2017 Model S 75 D delivered in Dec 2017.

I took it into the dealer, they called said its fixed, went back and picked up the car.... not fixed, turned right around and dropped it off.....

I figure problems out for my customers and get it right the first time so I can afford this car, I encouraged the service guy to do the same if he wants to keep steeling 7 series and S class customers.

I will post what happens when i pick the car up again.

Reactions: DustinT
It sounds like the button is "stuck on"... maybe it's an alignment issue of plastic holding the button down, versus the button switch actually being defective.

Does the button have "travel" when you press it, does it move and go "click" when it bottoms out?

No, the button was moving, I could reset the car. It just didn't activate the voice command. For some reason every time I opened the door, it worked. It also worked when I hit hte horn. They did screw up reinstalling hte button, part of the steering wheel stitching came out

Exact same problem as Matt.... the button work when you hit the horn. Does not work when you press the button. Starts up when you enter the car. I will point my service center to this thread and hope they don't mess up my steering wheel when they replace my button.

hmm, same thing just happen on my 2017 Model S 75D today (Dec 22 delivery), honk the horn will activate voice command, but, button stopped working... very weird. Tried reboot both driver display and touchscreen, didn’t help. Contacted Tesla, they will do diagnoses remotely on Monday when technician back to work... Probably just software glitch, hopefully.

upload_2018-3-10_20-49-56.png

• Informative
Reactions: mahagala