Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice Command Button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Crazy but yes honking the horn does activate voice command and also when I open the front doors too.

How did you ever realize that?

Unfortunately each time you want to activate you need to hit the horn !
Need a firmware update asap

Reactions: Prairie
Crazy but yes honking the horn does activate voice command and also when I open the front doors too.

How did you ever realize that?

Unfortunately each time you want to activate you need to hit the horn !
Need a firmware update asap

I read it on another forum. Mine doesn’t activate opening the doors.

Sure seems like it needs to be a software update, what’s even more strange when I called Tesla they are saying it’s the hardware for the button and are sending out a mobile service tech.

I wish, tried a couple times no luck…also same thing the first two times , it’s a hardware issue
I just replaced my switches myself last month and all worked well until recently. I took the steering wheel off today and replaced the harness and still the same issue. I installed the old switch and still the same issue. I am wondering if there is a pinch somewhere that screwed up the brown connector harness and not seeing it.

Every time I get in the voice command comes on. The horn activates the voice command. The issue is the scroll wheel and top switch, the bottom switch works fine.

I will contact the service center for software update that may fix it.

I just replaced my switches myself last month and all worked well until recently. I took the steering wheel off today and replaced the harness and still the same issue. I installed the old switch and still the same issue. I am wondering if there is a pinch somewhere that screwed up the brown connector harness and not seeing it.

Every time I get in the voice command comes on. The horn activates the voice command. The issue is the scroll wheel and top switch, the bottom switch works fine.

I will contact the service center for software update that may fix it.
Only thing that will fix it is a new airbag module!!! Whole airbag assembly comes with new switches also. It’s basically the entire center of the steering wheel