Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice command "Call xxx" doesn't work

trm2

Apr 3, 2016
CLE
I will try to call my wife. It shows up on the screen as “Call Denise Ho”. Thankfully, my wife’s name isn’t Denise or I might have some explaining to do.

and yeah, my voice commands haven’t worked for over a year, but not to worry, they will be fixed via software.:(

DanGold

Feb 4, 2021
Florida
After experiencing this issue I got customer service to escalate my problem to tech support. Rep checked that my car was in WiFi range and said it might take a week to 10 days. Te following day when I went to my car I found it locked (it is set to not lock in my garage). When I got in and drove I tried calling with voice command and it seems that tech support accessed my car and fixed the problem somehow.
I hope they incorporate my fix into the next software update for everyone else.

kpgrizz

Feb 4, 2021
Louisville,Ky
It's working! Went for a drive last night & used voice command to complete several calls without an issue.
Let's hope it lasts. Now if the missing album art for USB music would return, I'll be a happy camper.

BigNick

Disaffected Member
Dec 3, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
2020.48.12.1 still, had this WTF moment yesterday.
8ECEC31D-FA77-403A-A472-7680DAB68740.jpeg

The microphone is there and worked about 5 minutes later for texting. But generally a lot of transcription errors.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC