Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice command - Climate on and climate off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ngogas

Sep 19, 2018
Utah
When clicking on the right knob and saying “climate on” or “climate off” the hvac still runs but noticed a message saying climate keeper enabled or disabled. What is that?

I normally say hvac off or hvac on to have the climate control on or off but today I said climate instead. And noticed the oddity and curious what climate keeper is.

A quick Google search reveals...

Climate Keeper maintains a set temperature in the cabin for an extended period of time. Perfect for keeping groceries cool or a comfortable cabin temperature for an overnight camping trip in your Tesla. It will remain on until you shift out of Park, manually turn it off, or if your battery's charge drops to 20%.

Oddly enough there is no mention of "Climate Keeper" in the owner's manual.

Doesn’t sound like it fits the bill as I also checked when I say climate on -> the message reads climate keeper enabled. Went to climate screen and climate is off and not in camping mode.

But if you are in park and say climate on it will turn the climate on. Not camping mode. But just on as @TX_M3P+ mentioned.

I just found this video:

It looks like there is an option that you can see @ 4:32 of the video where it shows an option for "Keep Climate On." However, if you listen to the commentator he mentions that the M3 does not have Camping Mode like the Model X and S do, so the Keep Climate On option seems like an option that was there before Camping Mode, on the M3. The fact that you are seeing Climate Keeper now, is a bit odd given that all models not have Camping Mode. However, some information out there shows that Camping Mode continues to supply power to cabin lights and USB power, so maybe Climate Keeper only maintains HVAC and not all the other car accessories? Just my guess after a little research.