Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice command feedback/confirmation/error messages

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I issue a voice command, the confirmation or error message shows up as a small text box on the bottom left of the tablet.

This is really hard to read while driving (and unsafe). Plus, it’s behind my hand on the steering wheel.

Is there a way to get these confirmation/error messages read aloud?

Current issue: I’m trying to get navigation to turn on and off the voice prompts (for turns) via voice commands.

This is a big pet peeve of mine, too. Well developed voice commands allow the driver to keep their eyes on the road. Does anyone know of a list of available voice commands?
There is an iOS app called "Tesla Voice Commands" which is a third party app that has a searchable list of voice commands. Seems to be incompatible with iOS 16 however.

Alternatively, there is a website that catalogs "all" voice commands here too.

The main problem is that there is no 'official' list of VCs and the lists on the Tesla website and in the owner's manual are nothing like complete. Another is that there is no route through which one can suggest new commands to Tesla. As someone said above, there is Glide app and there is a Google sheet here: V11 Tesla Voice Commands
This sheet is maintained by one other person and me and has changed a lot in recent months. If anyone finds a command that works but is not included, please fill in the form and send it.

As far as commands about lights are concerned, it is an obvious omission (along with several others); they are included in the Future category in the sheet and we live in hope.

Reactions: macheboston