Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice command for phone calls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3. SR+ I'm running 2021.24.4. (I have read the manual. Please don't yell at me). There are other threads on this topic but they are all pretty old. In fact in some, they indicate that their problems have been resolved. But I am having a current issue that is intermittent. Sometimes my car will allow me to make phone calls using voice commands. Then other times it doesn't work. The name just sits there on the screen and disappears. Same name that worked the day before just fine. This has been happening for a while. Any thoughts? I've read the manual.

Thanks to all. This happens when I have cell service---and with numbers that otherwise dial just fine from the car. So, for example, sometimes it will call my wife, sometimes it won't. Sometimes it will call work, sometimes it won't. These are not occasions of bad cell service. And I can't believe I'm the only Tesla owner this is happening to!

I have a brand new Model Y that I picked up 3 days ago and the Voice Command "Call Firstname lastname" is not working. I know the phone works because if I do it from the screen and select the name from my contacts it works fine. But when I do it via Voice it does not recognize the command or it says No Connection.