Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice Command icon not appearing on monitor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am using software version V10.32.12.2 and I can no longer access my Voice Commands. The icon won't appear on the Dashboard monitor, so I can't dial my connected phone nor ask for Navigation. I have tried resetting the software via the steering wheel buttons and Power Off. Nothing works.

Any ideas?

This is amazingly illogical--but it works. I just dislike honking the horn whenever I want to place a phone call or inputting a hands-free address for navigation....Just wish I knew what happened to disable the button-press...

I am using software version V10.32.12.2 and I can no longer access my Voice Commands. The icon won't appear on the Dashboard monitor, so I can't dial my connected phone nor ask for Navigation. I have tried resetting the software via the steering wheel buttons and Power Off. Nothing works.

Any ideas?

Am I missing something here? "An icon on the monitor?" To my notion there is only one way to enable voice command and that is the bottom above the right scroll wheel on the steering wheel, as has been mentioned here. Is there a "soft" button on the display as well?
By the way I have the same software release and the steering wheel button works fine.

This is amazingly illogical--but it works. I just dislike honking the horn whenever I want to place a phone call or inputting a hands-free address for navigation....Just wish I knew what happened to disable the button-press...

this happened to me twice, coincidentally after firmware updates...take it to Tesla or have mobile service come out. The entire button module on the steering wheel needs replaced. Takes about 20 min. The scroll wheels and associated buttons are a component.

Am I missing something here? "An icon on the monitor?" To my notion there is only one way to enable voice command and that is the bottom above the right scroll wheel on the steering wheel, as has been mentioned here. Is there a "soft" button on the display as well?
By the way I have the same software release and the steering wheel button works fine.

Honk your horn and then your voice commands will be recognized.

I think that is a Model 3 feature that has a microphone icon on the main screen. On a slightly off topic comment... I used the phone app to honk the horn while I'm traveling for work, I get a voice command from wife to CUT IT OUT (**#&*($($((!

• Funny
Reactions: Solidred