Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice Command not working after MCU2 upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, you do not have to be at the service center. I don’t know if this is something new or if it just happened to be that I thought that I needed to be at the service center in order to put it into service mode. But you can put in service mode anywhere.

Just performed the service mode software reinstall and still no voice command or TuneIn radio. Even worse I can’t log into Spotify anymore. This MCU 2 upgrade has been a nightmare.
I had these exact issues after my 2017 AP2.5 MCU1 upgrade. Plus no Caraoke and a few other issues with Spotify, phone calls, etc.

Scheduled an appt w the service center and now I have TineIn and voice commands again. Spotify has never been the same though and Disney+ has never worked.

Maybe all they did was perform a firmware download as posted in the thread.

I did notice that when I received the car the first time, "Premium Connectivity Included" was not displaying in the Software menu. Nor was the "Autopilot included". After the 2nd service visit, these are now showing.

Here's what worked for me - delete all driver profiles and press voice command button on steering wheel. After doing that, the "Connection Error. Try again" error went away. Then thru voice command I said "start NetFlix" and what you know, both theater and TuneIn work like a charm! Lastly, reentered driver profiles.

Reactions: Zapped
I had the infotainment upgrade done on my 2013 Model S. As was mentioned voice commands would not work and the message "Communication Error. Try Again" would show almost immediately after pushing the talk button. I had a Tesla Ranger come out and he could not fix the issue so they were setting up a service center visit. Figuring I had nothing more to lose and after the ranger left, I tried the software reinstall thru the service mode, but that did not work. As NV Ray mentioned above what did work was deleting all of my driver profiles. Thanks for the recommendations.

I had the infotainment upgrade done on my 2013 Model S. As was mentioned voice commands would not work and the message "Communication Error. Try Again" would show almost immediately after pushing the talk button. I had a Tesla Ranger come out and he could not fix the issue so they were setting up a service center visit. Figuring I had nothing more to lose and after the ranger left, I tried the software reinstall thru the service mode, but that did not work. As NV Ray mentioned above what did work was deleting all of my driver profiles. Thanks for the recommendations.
Glad you're back up an running. Did you remember to reinstall driver profiles?

I had same problem. Called to SC and new firmware solved the problem. Unfortunnelly I lost TikTok app :). I dont know why it camed with tiktok installed and here in Portugal its not a standard. So, new firmware, problem fixed but ...no tiktok

Yes, there is not a cloud option for profiles. If you have toolbox you can back them up and restore - BUT the problems often are part of the profile so it is better to trash and rebuild them. It's only the seat positions and the slacker car account login anyway.