Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice command to make calls not working?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Has anyone else had this problem?

It was working fine and all other voice commands work but when you press the right button and say 'call____' nothing happens.

Doesn't matter who I ask to call or just stops dead?

It works and makes calls through the calls menu?

Have done both a soft and hard reboot plus power off option also.

Any advice welcomed.

Thanks.

Reactions: Shamrock17
This is weird because I stopped being able to make calls with the voice command this week to. however if I start the call on the phone it switches over to the car no problem. The volume level on streamed music has been wonky lately too.

I use an android phone.

What a wild coincidence - Just scheduled mobile service for this issue. Seems to have started happening last couple of days. Repaired phone twice, rebooted infotainment twice, reloaded phone app software, nothing helped.

Sounds like someone at Tesla is "fidgeting" with something in the background.

What a wild coincidence - Just scheduled mobile service for this issue. Seems to have started happening last couple of days. Repaired phone twice, rebooted infotainment twice, reloaded phone app software, nothing helped.

Sounds like someone at Tesla is "fidgeting" with something in the background.

? Let us know how it goes please. My LR is booked in for the 15th so I'll add this to the list what with the drivers side camera not working and charge port that doesn't open on touch, and the cars only 5 weeks old!

This happened to me tonight. Usually it works fine but today when I pressed the scroll wheel and said, "Call [wife's name]" the display showed, "Call [wife's name]" but that's it... Nothing else happened. I have a second contact with my wife's first name, so usually two buttons appear and I have to press which contact to call. Those buttons didn't appear, nothing else happned.

Reactions: Transformer
Yep, same here, I was just searching for this. Obviously something changed. I'm not getting notified on text messages anymore either. I can still make calls using the phone menu and they switch over to the car fine so I know my bluetooth is working ok. I'm sure it will get fixed soon.

I've believe that anytime you use a voice command it connects to the Tesla servers. So maybe something was down with their servers that caused phone call voice commands to stop functioning?

Yes, surprisingly it seems the words get recognized in-car and echoed on screen, then the text command gets interpreted by servers. If the car can't contact a server, then at best it might display "command not understood" or something.

V10 and Voice Commands?

It's working! Went for a drive last night & used voice command to complete several calls without an issue.
Let's hope it lasts. Now if the missing album art for USB music would return, I'll be a happy camper.
Mine is working too. My friend that is a super IT person thinks that part may not be total bluetooth issue and may have been fixed by tesla in the clould