Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice Commands after V11 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been using Tesla Voice (website for all updated voice commands confirmed and curated by owners)

Here are the voice commands that most will be using with the updated UI in v11:
  • Tire Pressure: Open/Show Service Settings
  • Display Trips Card/Odometer: Open/Show Trips Settings
  • Turn on Seat Heaters: Set (Driver/Passenger) Seat Heater to (1,2,3 or Low, Medium, High)
  • Save Dashcam: Save Dashcam
  • Sentry Mode: Enable/Disable Sentry Mode
  • Set Wipers: Set wipes to AUTO, 1/2/3/4, OFF
  • Tesla Specs: Hello Tesla
  • View Release Notes: Show/Display Release Notes
I'll have to take careful note of the exact wording, because anything less seems to cause problems. What is particularly aggravating is Tesla's propensity to try for a navigation route to somewhere without being preceded by "navigate to". I'm frequently offered a route to Piper's Auto when I try to change the wiper setting. Now, "Show service" or "Show trips" will launch a search for similarly-named destinations instead of opening pages with those exact names. I used to think voice commands were great, but deterioration in their performance continues to astound me. Time for an in-depth audit and upgrade of voice command performance - starting with a rule that any navigation request must start with "navigate to" or equivalent words that make the objective clear.

It's so bad. Tried "set drivers seat to 2 bacons" twice and it set it to max heat both times. "climate off" doesn't work either. in fact it's unclear to me if any command for that exists since the page linked above doesn't have anything about turning climate off, only on. brilliant.

never mind that it only "works" (if you can call that working) in 3 languages, when the UI is available in over 10 by now.

It's so bad. Tried "set drivers seat to 2 bacons" twice and it set it to max heat both times. "climate off" doesn't work either. in fact it's unclear to me if any command for that exists since the page linked above doesn't have anything about turning climate off, only on. brilliant.

never mind that it only "works" (if you can call that working) in 3 languages, when the UI is available in over 10 by now.
There's a lot of room for improvement: "Set my seat to low" turned the heat to high. "Set my seat heater to low" worked properly. In both cases my exact words appeared on the screen, so it interpreted what I was saying correctly. I also used VC to turn off the front defrost. It took severalattempts and I had to yell to be heard over the sound of the fan