Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice Commands and Audio Sources

Borgar

Mar 19, 2021
Illinois, USA
Hi - newbie Tesla owner, and enjoying my 2021 M3SR+ for the past 6 days. When they told me at the showroom that pretty much everything can be controlled with voice commands, I started experimenting. One thing that I was sure would make sense from a safety (keeping eyes on the road) standpoint was the ability to say "Change audio to phone" or "Switch to Radio" etc. - didn't work. If listening to the FM radio, I tried "change station to 92.5" or "tune to 92.5 FM" etc., with no luck.

I've searched this forum and others, and it seems that these basic functions can't be controlled via voice - is that correct, or have I missed some specific command syntax? Is there someplace we can give this feature request directly to Tesla?
Thanks!

house9

Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2019
California
This hasn’t been updated in awhile:

I’m not sure for radio but for music, stuff like this works:

> Play Crazy Train by Ozzy on Spotify
Does what it says

> Play Crazy Train
Will probably play the song just not sure which software

I still haven’t tried playing music off of USB drive by voice, not sure if that works or not?

Maybe try
> Play 92.5 FM

Yaely

Mar 20, 2021
Canada
I got my model 3 four days ago and had the voice command button on the screen below the ״animated” car. Now it’s gone!
Does anyone know how to bring it back ?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC