Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice commands do not work in 40.50.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure they'll wrinkle out the voice issues pretty quickly. A rollout to a large audience will usually introduce issues that they couldn't produce without said large audience. It's just a matter of fixing them in a timely manner after unleashing the update into the wild. And Tesla seems to be on a roll with proactive updates.

Along with most dictation commands not working with this update (including “bug report“ of all things!), there is a major problem with the Messages system as well. Often, when I press the scroll wheel to reply to a message and then dismiss the Messages system after dictation fails to work, the music no longer plays in the car. No matter what I do, the audio is dead. I have to reboot the computer in order to get the audio back!

3F3AB848-5B70-495F-9E2B-A60B36C9207F.jpeg
40E9C5FC-76B3-4388-B079-F54F7A116809.jpeg
13189D59-6610-4097-A48E-E367C358C71D.jpeg
Na update 40,50.5 geen voice command meer mogelijk.... vóór update werkte het perfect...

Along with most dictation commands not working with this update (including “bug report“ of all things!), there is a major problem with the Messages system as well. Often, when I press the scroll wheel to reply to a message and then dismiss the Messages system after dictation fails to work, the music no longer plays in the car. No matter what I do, the audio is dead. I have to reboot the computer in order to get the audio back!
Finally, someone else reporting what I've been reporting for months in various places here.. thank you. There are bugs still in the "tap and talk" code that replaced the "press and hold to talk" code. They seem to be exposed when the voice command routine times-out for whatever reason (and having MCU1 seems to be a top "reason", probably 3G is also up there ?).

I've been using "bug report" to report them for months and months and months now (when voice control works that is)... I have a feeling they don't check those anymore, at least not on older cars. Oh well, it looks like they'll replace my MCU1 with my laundry list, and maybe the LTE upgrade will help prevent the bugs from being exposed.