Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice commands not working with 40.50?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just upgraded my M3 with v2.5 hardware to 40.50 and seems that voice commands have stopped all together. The green prompt displays but does not ‘pulse’ when I say my command. I also tried a reboot with no improvement. Anyone else experiencing this?

Works about 1/3 the time for me. I'm willing to be patient. I've been anticipating voice commands since picking up my Model 3 late last year.

This is so huge. In my opinion, voice commands will eventually render the touchscreen close to useless for anything besides mapping.

Reactions: motocoder
Works about 1/3 the time for me. I'm willing to be patient. I've been anticipating voice commands since picking up my Model 3 late last year.

This is so huge. In my opinion, voice commands will eventually render the touchscreen close to useless for anything besides mapping.

They had better make it pretty durn reliable. I sometimes get so angry with my Android I'm ready to throw it out the window. "OK Google, turn off airplane mode"... "I can't do that, airplane mode is enabled... Dave".

Reactions: APotatoGod
Is there a list with voicecommands?
Here in europe the voice command function is completely useless since the update. Words are not recognized en for ex. The old "call home" does not work anymore. In my m3 and mx after the update useless. Forums here are screaming for help

I’m having the same problems with the 2019.50.1 update. Voice recognition doesn’t work most of the time, and soft or hard reboot don’t fix it. Also, saying “bug report“ doesn’t work anymore either! The one method that Tesla left us to report problems doesn’t work. Quite ironic for an update that has so many problems!

I also noticed that, sometimes when playing music and a text message comes in and I start to try to deal with the text message using voice recognition, all sound on the car ceases to function. If I go back to trying to hear music, the audio no longer works. I have to reboot the car in order to hear the music! It would’ve been nice if Tesla would’ve tested this update more thoroughly!