TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Voice commands too delayed in Nav

Discussion in 'Model X' started by DrivingTheFuture, Nov 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. DrivingTheFuture

Anyone else have this problem in the S as well or is it just X? Voice chimes in much too late to make turns unless you are driving UNDER the speed limit. Bought my wife a 90,000 dollar car with the most beautiful nav screen in the industry and she's still using her iPhone instead... Am surprised Tesla isn't on top of this. FYI we have 8.0

2. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Try double-thumb reset to see if that helps.

• Like x 1
  3. DrivingTheFuture

Will try to remember to do that tomorrow. Keep you posted

4. BLKTSLA

BLKTSLA Member

This is a known issue IMO, the problem from my perspective is that there is too much time between when the nav says "Make a X turn in X feet" and when it finally says "Now turn X". Most notable on the highway when driving highway speeds. I've missed many a turns with this delay. I think this gets resolved in 8.1 when the car knows where it is specifically and can say with more precision to turn left or right with enough time to actually make the turn.

5. DrivingTheFuture

Where did you hear this gets resolved in 8.1? That'd be fantastic if it does.

6. BLKTSLA

BLKTSLA Member

7. DrivingTheFuture

Yeah I'm afraid this won't address voice nav, however I'm glad you brought that bullet point up because I'm wondering if this feature update is just for cars with new autopilot hardware or if legacy AP will be able to take exits as well

8. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

The addition of navigation inputs to auto-pilot sounded like it was part of Enhanced AutoPilot (EAP). For those that purchased AP and are receiving the upgraded AP2.0 hardware, they are being asked to upgrade to EAP now to get these new features (when they become available in a few months).

That would seem to imply that those of us with AP1.0 hardware are not going to be getting these new features. :(
    There is a small part of me that is hopeful that Tesla's continued improvements with AP1.0 hardware will eventually bring *some* of these EAP features to the AP1.0 hardware set, but I'm not sure if it's technically possible or not.

I would love Tesla or some 3rd party to come up with a reasonable hardware upgrade, including the addition of a 2nd camera since there is a slot for that, for us poor AP1.0 folks, that will get us closer to AP2.0 functionality.