TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Voice commands won’t work tonight...

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by azred, Aug 17, 2018.

1. azred

azred Active Member

even after rebooting the screen. Any ideas?

2. crackers8199

crackers8199 Member

oddly enough, mine was just doing the same thing earlier tonight. i wonder if something at tesla is down...

3. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Looked like a bandwidth issue. When I rebooted, the LTE came back (1 bar of 3G was useless) and magically, voice commands worked again.

I sometimes get that when changing regions, which I was also doing at the time.

Whatever it was, it’s fine now 2 states away and counting.

4. azred

azred Active Member

...and this morning voice commands are back. Very strange.

5. miltymoots

miltymoots Member

I’m fairly sure this is using Google Voice which will require a data signal in order to send your command to google to translate into something the car can act upon. The voice recognition software is unlikely on the car itself, as that would require tesla to have built this, and that’s no small effort.

Anyway, bad signal, probably means bad experience with this feature. Kind of like summon which also doesnt work with weak / no cellular.