Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

voice commands

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Works great for me. Calling, asking a direction or searching for a song are working great for me. My car is setup in French. It is so brilliant that I can mix the French command with a English song name. This is compared to the unusable -for me- Audi system in my previous A4.
I do reckon that if 3G coverage is weak or plain not there, voice commands do not work. Which is expected for a online system.

I also do get this problem occasionally. The system would not hear what I say. None of the words are being recognized and shown in the driver display. I noticed that this sometimes occurs because I loose connection to LTE or Wifi. I do not think it is a language issue.
Sometimes, I had to restart the system in order to put it back up running. Must be some bug.

I have a model 3 and an iphone 7. the voice recognition has worked perfectly for the entire year i've had the car. however, all of a sudden the voice recognition doesn't work for either phone call, music or navigation. it's like it doesn't hear me at all. any ideas on what is happening?

I have a model 3 and an iphone 7. the voice recognition has worked perfectly for the entire year I've had the car. however, all of a sudden the voice recognition doesn't work for either phone call, music or navigation. it's like it doesn't hear me at all. any ideas on what is happening?

I did have an issue once but and I phone update fixed it within days. No matter what I do the car voice doesn't recognize my voice phone or not.

Did you reset your car? two thumb wheels and or power down the car to see if it resets. Another member suggested I do each twice. that didn't work on my car. Tesla will also tell you to do a reset also.