Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice Commands

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me: "Turn on air conditioning"
Car: "Navigating to XXX AirCon"

Me: " Reduce map scale"
Car: " Reducing map scale". (Map scale is reduced).

Me:" Increase map scale".
Car: '" Wipers set to 1"

Me: " Set fan to five"
Car: "Wipers set to 1".

Me:"Navigate home"
Car repeats "Navigate home" Then "Navigating to Palo Alto"

This is the tech company that happens to make cars - and is preparing to release its software to drive on public roads......

Reactions: Stranger Dings
Me: "Turn on air conditioning"
Car: "Navigating to XXX AirCon"

Me: " Reduce map scale"
Car: " Reducing map scale". (Map scale is reduced).

Me:" Increase map scale".
Car: '" Wipers set to 1"

Me: " Set fan to five"
Car: "Wipers set to 1".

Me:"Navigate home"
Car repeats "Navigate home" Then "Navigating to Palo Alto"

This is the tech company that happens to make cars - and is preparing to release its software to drive on public roads......
But “open butthole” works every time…
I’d have thought that command would have caused all seats to fart though ;)

Reactions: M3noob
DAB radio packed up on the way shopping. 2 button reboot in the car park brought it back. Packed up again on the way home but started working.
might just be the wrong sort of mist in the air!
other sources worked via voice command.

>>There's a list of commands in the manual. Whether they are RECOGNISED is s different thing all together. Mostly works, most of the time. YMMV. To turn up the heat say "my balls are cold" ;-) <<

Yes, it's the "recognition" in the sense that it will often repeat in text exactly what you said yet action something completely different.
If it "hears" the command correctly but it's one that it can't obey logically it would say it doesn't recognise it!

Reactions: Transformer
Just installed 2021.40.6 and imagine my surprise to find a new British English language.

Here me thinking the voice commands will now resemble something fit for purpose.

Nope “call Matt” is still interpreted as “coolmath” every time.

Oh well, at least my trunk is now a boot and my frunk a bonnet!!

Reactions: Wol747
I continue to find voice command performance absolutely baffling.

The other day for the first time, I had occasion to have a text message conversation, which I dictated out via voice commands. It was absolutely flawless from start to finish. As good as anything I have dictated on Google personal assistant or Siri.

I got to wondering why. Is it because this action isn't being bounced to a remote server (other than the initial "Send a message to .... command)?

Controlling elements of the car via voice continues to leave me with various levels of PTSD. Analogous to the rest of the wiper system, controlling them with my voice has left me a broken man. Other car and media controls sometimes fare better.

2.5 years ago the voice commands worked flawlessly, I could phone home, navigate home not a problem, about 2 months after getting the car it got updated to the live it still stands at today, I have not bothered trying much since then as its been the same practically every time. So when their staff say oh its being worked on because of the accents well.... it worked before!

Last edited:
Reactions: exlatccatsa