Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice control not hearing anything

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found voice control not hearing anything this morning. Not every attempt, but most.

The box with mic comes up on screen, but when I said something, nothing appeared until it eventually prompted to say something. Its basically deaf most of the time, or just ignoring me...

Didn't matter whether car was moving or not or whether it was wifi or LTE. 2020.32.5

Bit of a pain as I was driving and wanted to set a supercharger destination for preconditioning and the supercharger had got buried in several screens of lesser chargers. I had to pullover and stop in the end.

Anyone experienced similar? I noticed in another post someone suffering server issues although nothing unusual recorded on TeslaFi.

Last edited:
Reactions: exlatccatsa
I found voice control not hearing anything this morning. Not every attempt, but most.

The box with mic comes up on screen, but when I said something, nothing appeared until it eventually prompted to say something. Its basically deaf most of the time, or just ignoring me...

Didn't matter whether car was moving or not or whether it was wifi or LTE. 2020.32.5

Bit of a pain as I was driving and wanted to set a supercharger destination for preconditioning and the supercharger had got buried in several screens of lesser chargers. I had to pullover and stop in the end.

Anyone experienced similar? I noticed in another post someone suffering server issues although nothing unusual recorded on TeslaFi.

If you ever had/have children this should not come a a surprise. I try not to use voice control systems as not to get disappointed at times with technology or making myself look stupid in from of others when it goes bad:mad:

+1

Same for us. But poor on Friday, decent again on Saturday, then poor again today. Touring up north and then heading back down the A1/M1 - we gave up in the end and used the screen

Good to hear, in the nicest possible way, its not just me. Can't remember if I had used it since roof and windscreen replaced so plenty of opportunity for something to have stopped working.

Reactions: exlatccatsa
I have had same on / off for GPS and voice commands for the past few days, but I also get that same kind of issue when I go through poor network coverage.

I suspect these issues may be proxy related as they are the same when on WiFi. (Even with WiFi I'm pretty sure everything goes via Holland as your always get Dutch Netflix.

Try Netflix and see if you have any connectivity.

It did set me wondering whether it's a connectivity issue when this happens. Also if the processing is done in the car or server side. It does seem to come and go but the last few days were pretty hit and miss

I noticed the same issue since the latest update, have just had the car 4 days. Voice recognition seemed to work pretty well until the latest software update to 2020.32.5 on Friday night. Now it’s really hit and miss!