TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Voice control not hearing anything

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by VanillaAir_UK, Sep 6, 2020.

1. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Moderator UK and Ireland

#1 VanillaAir_UK, Sep 6, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    I found voice control not hearing anything this morning. Not every attempt, but most.

The box with mic comes up on screen, but when I said something, nothing appeared until it eventually prompted to say something. Its basically deaf most of the time, or just ignoring me...

Didn't matter whether car was moving or not or whether it was wifi or LTE. 2020.32.5

Bit of a pain as I was driving and wanted to set a supercharger destination for preconditioning and the supercharger had got buried in several screens of lesser chargers. I had to pullover and stop in the end.

Anyone experienced similar? I noticed in another post someone suffering server issues although nothing unusual recorded on TeslaFi.

• Like x 1
  2. spon88

spon88 Member

Same for us. But poor on Friday, decent again on Saturday, then poor again today. Touring up north and then heading back down the A1/M1 - we gave up in the end and used the screen

• Like x 1
  3. Js1977

Js1977 Member

If you ever had/have children this should not come a a surprise. I try not to use voice control systems as not to get disappointed at times with technology or making myself look stupid in from of others when it goes bad:mad:

4. M3noob

M3noob Supporting Member

+1

5. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Moderator UK and Ireland

Good to hear, in the nicest possible way, its not just me. Can't remember if I had used it since roof and windscreen replaced so plenty of opportunity for something to have stopped working.

• Like x 1
  6. M3noob

M3noob Supporting Member

Let's hope 2020.32.5 is replaced soon. And nothing else goes backwards.

• Like x 1
  7. Medved_77

Medved_77 TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD

Same here, was going to post earlier asking the same but forgot. It occurred on the earlier iteration of 32.x as well.

8. Battpower

Battpower Supporting Member

I have had same on / off for GPS and voice commands for the past few days, but I also get that same kind of issue when I go through poor network coverage.

I suspect these issues may be proxy related as they are the same when on WiFi. (Even with WiFi I'm pretty sure everything goes via Holland as your always get Dutch Netflix.

Try Netflix and see if you have any connectivity.

9. LongRanger

LongRanger Active Member

If someone is alone in a tesla and they speak, do they make a sound ?

10. Js1977

Js1977 Member

Probably the same sound as when you fart when there is no one around :D

11. barbs

barbs Member

I had this issue yesterday when I picked mine up. Even the mic when making phone calls was playing up.

Been fine today though, seemingly resolved itself.

12. spon88

spon88 Member

It did set me wondering whether it's a connectivity issue when this happens. Also if the processing is done in the car or server side. It does seem to come and go but the last few days were pretty hit and miss

13. hingus2000

hingus2000 Member

I’ve been having exactly the same recently and pretty chronic since the last update. Nearly posted my own thread about it.

• Like x 1
  14. Dougall1248

Dougall1248 Member

Same with me. I did a reboot and all is well now.

15. paulobrien

paulobrien Member

Same.

Unrelated, discovered that generally it works better if you fake an American accent, and you can spell the letters of something if it fails to recognise!

16. boater291

boater291 Member

Yep, likewise here. The only two things I dislike about my car (other than the initial build quality) are the auto wipers and the voice control! Both useless, however both can fixed with software

• Like x 1
  17. achilles8

achilles8 Member

I noticed the same issue since the latest update, have just had the car 4 days. Voice recognition seemed to work pretty well until the latest software update to 2020.32.5 on Friday night. Now it’s really hit and miss!

18. Dilly

Dilly Active Member

I had exactly the same.
    3rd reboot seems to have fixed it
    I also lost side cameras in reverse. That came back too

19. Drew57

Drew57 Member

....If I'm alone in my Tesla, without my wife & I speak.... am I still wrong?

20. gidster99

gidster99 Member

That probably depends on who you ask.

But if you are alone, you might have to wait to find out!

:)