Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice Control Not Linked To Navigation Favorites?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I normally don't use the voice commands but was messing around with them yesterday and I noticed that, while the car will navigate to places of interest via voice command in v8.0, asking the car to navigate to a user created navigation favorite (with a custom title) doesn't seem to work. Based on the feedback from the car, it correctly picks up what I'm saying but seems unable to match that with the identically named item in navigation favorites.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or, perhaps a better question, has this ever worked? I'm just curious since I don't normally use the voice commands.

So, I normally don't use the voice commands but was messing around with them yesterday and I noticed that, while the car will navigate to places of interest via voice command in v8.0, asking the car to navigate to a user created navigation favorite (with a custom title) doesn't seem to work. Based on the feedback from the car, it correctly picks up what I'm saying but seems unable to match that with the identically named item in navigation favorites.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or, perhaps a better question, has this ever worked? I'm just curious since I don't normally use the voice commands.
I'm pretty sure the navigation voice command does a Google search and doesn't look at anything local on the car. You can navigate to someone in your contact list by saying "phone John Doe." It will bring up matching contacts and by touching the address, it will navigate there. Note this always works in 7.1. In 8.0, if there is only one matching contact, it immediately calls it without showing a list.

Odd, this works great for me.

The bakery where I go has a foreign name that the voice never understands. So I created a favorite, with the name "the bakery". And I then say "drive to the bakery". In my car, it will first check the favorites, and not search google or the map.
Same for the hockey club of my son. Works flawlessly.

Note: I'm french speaking, so voice is also set for French