TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Voice Control: Recording Unclear

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by DutchMark, Sep 9, 2016.

1. DutchMark

DutchMark New Member

When I had a Model S for an overnight test-drive I had no problem giving it voice commands. But now that my vehicle is delivered the experience is quite different. It almost always says "Recording Unclear". Only when I lean over and shout does it occasionally get what I'm saying, although even then it results in an "unknown command" most of the time.

Is this typical? Should I consider bringing it in to have looked at?

I was also a bit disappointed with how few recognized commands there are. I'd have thought that "open/close roof" would be a no-brainer, among others.

2. msnow

msnow Active Member

Mine works fine, no shouting. I wasn't disappointed with the limited number of voice commands because I asked that question during my test drive and I read about it before ordering.

3. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

The microphone is in the headliner. Mine was loose or something and recognized practically no commands. They made some changes and now it works... ok. I still have to speak really loudly and lean towards the center of the car, but otherwise mostly works.