Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice Control

Adopado

Aug 19, 2019
Scotland
So, spoke to Tesla AND according to their technicians, I’m already on the latest software (2020.36.11)

I was of the belief there were updates since then? According to Tesla......no.

You're on the latest software available for your particular car. That's not the same thing as the latest software that has been released for other cars ... even ones of the same age and model as yours... yes, it's an odd way of doing things!

Dilly

Feb 24, 2020
Norfolk
So, spoke to Tesla AND according to their technicians, I’m already on the latest software (2020.36.11)

2020.40.3 & 2020.40.4 are both out on FSD. Presume they will circulate widely within a week or so

VanillaAir_UK

Jun 17, 2019
Surrey, UK

Version is entirely dependent on a number of (mostly unknown but you can guess) factors and will be specific to your car. Both could be right. Your car may have the latest version for your car (sounds like it has) but there may be later versions that are not targeting your car. You have limited control over when your car will be targeted. Standard/Advanced may control how your specific targeting is delayed.

GRiLLA

Jul 5, 2020
UK
In the past there were times that voice control was unreliable until the car was rebooted with all usb drives etc disconnected, same symptoms as those described. Might be worth trying if you car is consistently unreliable.

Pagemakers

Dec 25, 2016
Manchester UK
In the past there were times that voice control was unreliable until the car was rebooted with all usb drives etc disconnected, same symptoms as those described. Might be worth trying if you car is consistently unreliable.
Done that a dozen times. Doesn’t work. Don’t waste your time.

mpandrew

Sep 23, 2019
Somerset, UK
Until they process the commands in the car first, and then farm the 'cloud' type commands via the LTE connection this is not going to work well. So if you ask for seat heaters off, the car will understand it and do it, if you ask to play Bob Marley, it'll send that via LTE and process it on Tesla servers to send back to the car. This way the car can time out and say something like unable to process your command at this time, please try later and then we'd at least know where we were. However, that means devoting some software guys to making proper useful changes like setting TACC at current speed and working voice control vs dare I say pointless games and autopilot! (Runs for cover, dons helmet)

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC