Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

***Voice Deterrence (Boombox FBI Voice!)Sentry Mode Model Y***

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good Morning can someone please give me some insight here, a bit frustrating. I'm a New Owner of a Tesla Model Y, and while my Sentry Mode is Live an active and latest upgrade Version: 2021.44.30. I seen a YouTube video (Boombox FBI Voice demo!). How can I connect this feature or is it already connected and I'm just missing something. If anyone can help me out with this it would be Greatly Appreciated!?

YouTube Video:

Good Morning can someone please give me some insight here, a bit frustrating. I'm a New Owner of a Tesla Model Y, and while my Sentry Mode is Live an active and latest upgrade Version: 2021.44.30. I seen a YouTube video (Boombox FBI Voice demo!). How can I connect this feature or is it already connected and I'm just missing something. If anyone can help me out with this it would be Greatly Appreciated!?

YouTube Video:
Make sure to activate the live camera feature in your car (only needs to be done once). The setting is in the safety section. Then from the app make sure that sentry is on. Next, click on view live camera. Press the mic button in the lower right and speak.

Upvote 0
Make sure to activate the live camera feature in your car (only needs to be done once). The setting is in the safety section. Then from the app make sure that sentry is on. Next, click on view live camera. Press the mic button in the lower right and speak.
Thanks Cgell for the quick reply. However there is no Mic🎙 button at the bottom only the Horn on bottom left & Flash on bottom right the horn button is not there? Here's what it looks like.

Attachments

• Sentry Mode Screen Shot.jpeg
    Sentry Mode Screen Shot.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 132
Upvote 0
My guess is that you don’t have the pws
My Tesla is a 2020 but I'm not sure if I have the pedestrian warning speaker, I have seen the Boombox light display on the vehicle is that what you mean. Does that speaker come with the vehicle, and if not how do I get it?
It depends on when the vehicle was made. I believe they started adding them after 2020. So you most likely don’t have it. You would hear a “ufo” sound when you back up and a slight whoosh sound when going forward at low speeds if you have it. The speaker is the same one for the boombox features. You can have this installed by Tesla if you don’t have it. Just request a service appointment in the app. It will probably be around $200.

Upvote 0
The external speaker was required by the govt for cars built after 9/20/2020 IIRC. I have a 6/20 and appreciate the silence under 25 mph more than what the external speaker would give me. I feel the speaker stuff is gimmicky, but maybe it’s a generational thing since I’ve never played one of the games either. But I must say, the mic in Sentry mode could be a valuable thing to have and it has me considering it.

Upvote 0