Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice Headlight Controls?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I normally just drive with my headlights in automatic. When I drive on 2 lane, 55+ mph, country roads, I like to turn on my headlights. Fumbling through the UI to get to that button is annoying in traffic. Can you switch between always on and automatic with voice control. I didn't find a way when I tried.

I observe the same when I say "Switch headligjhts on" or "Set headlights to on": "Command not yet recognized". (If you don't recognize it, how do you know you don't yet recognize it?) Extra credit if the car reads and responds to the signs posted on some California highways: Daylight Test Section, Switch On Headlights, followed in a few miles by Check Headlights.

Are the driving lights not luminating enough? Years ago, I owned a GM product. They would use 6v over the headlights as Daytime running lights and the consensus was so not to be so blinding. Interesting trivia for ya, with the older model S/X, you can turn off the DRL by placing the vehicle in range mode.