TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Voice Music search 8.0

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Scott Rand, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Scott Rand

Scott Rand Member

Maybe I am missing something, but when you searched a song pre 8.0 it gave you choices so you could choose which version of the same name song you wanted. Now it seems there is no choice, it just starts the song and 90% of the time it is not the song I wanted.

2. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Yeah, just one of many changes to the music player that's supposed to be progress but isn't.

3. markn455

markn455 Member

Interestingly, when my wife and I first took a test drive in 2013 and did a voice music search it just started playing. When we purchased our MS, it provided the choice list. Not sure why the changed to the list other than too many wrong guesses. We are still on 7.1x and would hate to not have the choice list. I would hope for a configuration option or "voice command" that would give you the option.

4. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

Yeah, I commented about this in another thread. Definite failure.

The workaround is to voice search, watch it fail, then click on "Anything" (the search button in the media player), your voice search song will be displayed and you can chose which artist you meant.

• Helpful x 3
  5. morbot

morbot Member

I like that it plays without me having to look away from the road.

Haven't had it play a wrong song yet. When doing a voice search, i just add "by artist" at the end, that usually gets it right. Like:
    "Play Frank Sinatra by Cake"