Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice prompts for navigation only work for a little while

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently bought a used 2016 MS and even thought its not the latest and greatest, i'm enjoying it a lot. I am having trouble with the voice prompts when using the GPS navigation system. For some reason, usually (not always) when i enter a new destination the voice prompts work as expected but after i have been driving a while they just stop. If i don't constantly watch the screen, i end up missing turns. Sometimes however, the prompts don't come up at all.

Has anyone else seen this problem and know how to fix it?

I recently bought a used 2016 MS and even thought its not the latest and greatest, i'm enjoying it a lot. I am having trouble with the voice prompts when using the GPS navigation system. For some reason, usually (not always) when i enter a new destination the voice prompts work as expected but after i have been driving a while they just stop. If i don't constantly watch the screen, i end up missing turns. Sometimes however, the prompts don't come up at all.

Has anyone else seen this problem and know how to fix it?
Since it seems to be a variable problem, I'd guess that you are trying to turn down the volume on the radio with the scroll wheel to hear the prompts. If she is speaking, what you actually are adjusting is HER volume, not the radio. So when she is speaking, you want to turn the volume UP, not down...

Since it seems to be a variable problem, I'd guess that you are trying to turn down the volume on the radio with the scroll wheel to hear the prompts. If she is speaking, what you actually are adjusting is HER volume, not the radio. So when she is speaking, you want to turn the volume UP, not down...

Thanks for the response. When i do hear the prompts they're pretty loud and don't have a problem coming over any music. I did try out just completely turning off the music and i still had the same problem.