Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice recognition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just back from a nice trip to the Lake District. Narrow lanes so using the command ‘fold in mirrors’. By the 8th shout, still nothing, finally works about 5 mins after you needed to fold mirrors. Elon needs to have a chat with Jeff. Alexa is 1000x better.

Reactions: Rooster6655
Just back from a nice trip to the Lake District. Narrow lanes so using the command ‘fold in mirrors’. By the 8th shout, still nothing, finally works about 5 mins after you needed to fold mirrors. Elon needs to have a chat with Jeff. Alexa is 1000x better.
The funniest part is all these things worked flawlessly for me previously in the model 3, then there was some update late 2019 that broke it to where it is today.

You were in the Lake District so were likely to be in questionable connectivity areas. Voice recognition requires good LTE connection to work. It also requires you to be driving at less than 30mph for the fold mirrors command to work. Similar issues here in the Scottish Borders. Yes it’s a pain. I would often like to flick a door mounted switch to quickly fold the mirrors… but not to be.

My one wish is to be able to long click the voice command button, and for it to route straight throgh to Siri (or Android Assistant). My 2016 Ford did that and it was great. Like the Ford, the Tesla's voice control is piss poor, but at least I could get to Siri easily. No, "Hey Siri" is off as I don't want the phone listening to me all the time.