TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Void cheque problem for delivery day

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Darthbenji, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Darthbenji

Darthbenji Member

I know I’m supposed to give them a void cheque for payment withdrawal but I don’t have any. I haven’t written a cheque in years. TD has a preauthorized withdrawal form that you can print and it contains all the info that would be on a cheque that I can give them. Anyone use this?

2. sitter_k

sitter_k Active Member

Should be sufficient, all the want is the name of the account holder branch, institution and account number.

3. trevorc

trevorc Member

I used a similar CIBC form in the end since they didn’t like that my void cheque didn’t have my current home address printed on it.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

Hrmm, thanks for the heads up. My current cheques do not have my current address. My plan was to just draw a line over it but if that's going to be a problem then I'll have to get that form from CIBC.

• Like x 1
  5. trevorc

trevorc Member

Yeah, I had drawn lines over the old address and written the right one beside it in advance but that still didn’t cut it.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

Glad to see this now. I'll obtain one of those forms tomorrow from the bank when I go to get my draft.

• Like x 1
  7. trevorc

trevorc Member

It’s also available online at
    https://www.cibc dot com/ca/pdf/payroll-direct-deposit-PAD-form-en.pdf

8. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

Yeah i just found it, filled it and printed it. Thank you!

9. trevorc

trevorc Member

Sure thing! That was one of the thorns in my delivery that I’m glad you won’t have to experience!

• Helpful x 1
  10. Darthbenji

Darthbenji Member

Does it have to have your address on it? The Td printable preauthorized debit form doesn’t have an address at all.

11. trevorc

trevorc Member

They should be okay with the standard TD pre-authorized form, but they didn’t like the wrong address being printed on the void cheque from what I understood. Also the guy kept saying I should have an option in my online banking to print a “void cheque”, which doesn’t exist for CIBC. If you have that option with TD you could use that too. I’m assuming your TD preauth form would go through okay. I didn’t understand why there was a difference in my writing my address on the CIBC form vs. on the void cheque aside from the fact that the form had a signature line.

12. Darthbenji

Darthbenji Member

Does the Cibc form have your address on it or did you write it there?

13. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

It has a field for you to type in your address.

14. Darthbenji

Darthbenji Member

Td’s doesn’t. Just has name and all the banking numbers.

15. trevorc

trevorc Member

Does it have signature and date fields though?

16. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I set up a bank transfer on my Tesla. It worked just fine to transfer the money after I inspected the car.

17. trevorc

trevorc Member

My void cheque was more for RBC financing. I had a bank draft for what was due on delivery.

18. Darthbenji

Darthbenji Member

07CCBE4A-AC2A-4D1F-B408-5D87D04DD24B.jpeg Nope. I’ve attached what it looks like. I’ve blacked out my name and account number. That’s it.

19. trevorc

trevorc Member

I’m not sure what to tell you.
    Do you have an option to generate a faux void cheque in your online banking? The Tesla people at the IC seemed to think some people could do that.

20. trevorc

trevorc Member

Hopefully they accept the form you have since this is the verbiage on their web site, emphasis mine. The Tesla people seemed to like it when the CIBC form said something similar.

If you don't have a cheque

If you do NOT have a cheque, you can locate the account information you need in EasyWeb. Simply login, select the account you want to view, and then select the "Direct deposit form (PDF)" link in the upper right-hand corner. The form provides your account information in place of a voided cheque and is used when arranging for direct deposits or pre-authorized payments.