Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Volcano Bay parking lot chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if Universal Volcano Bay (in Orlando, FL) parking lot has chargers?
Todd,

Here's a screen shot of Tesla's Find Us map showing all the Tesla Wall Connectors Destination Chargers on the Universal Orlando properties.

Universal Orlando Destination Chargers.jpg

As others have suggested you should check with Universal regarding their policy to use the Loews Royal Pacific chargers. You might not have the correct parking pass.

Another solution would be to charge at the new Orlando, FL - W. Sand Lake Rd Supercharger. It's less than 2 miles from Volcano Bay.

upload_2018-6-30_14-38-22.png

Larry

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Volcano Bay guests park in a designated area within the Unversal Orlando Parking garages. I don’t know of any charging stations in that area of the garage.

The best (most expensive) option is Valet parking which has Tesla HPWC chargers. Then walk to the Volcano Bay tram pickup spot in the main garage.

Volcano Bay guests park in a designated area within the Unversal Orlando Parking garages. I don’t know of any charging stations in that area of the garage.

The best (most expensive) option is Valet parking which has Tesla HPWC chargers. Then walk to the Volcano Bay tram pickup spot in the main garage.
Here's the webpage for Parking at Universal CityWalk™

As Bruce explained, to use one of the two Tesla Wall Connectors at CityWalk you must use the valet service. It costs between $25 for 2 hours up to $45 for over 2 hours depending on the time of day.

I guess this is a personal preference, cost and convenience issue. $45 will buy you the convenience of dropping your car off at the CityWalk valet and charging during the day. You would walk from valet to the Volcano Bay tram pickup at the main garage and reverse the process when you return for the day. Here's a photo showing the distance of the valet from the parking garage. You could drop your family off at the garage, drive to the valet and walk back to the garage to save them a bit of a walk.

upload_2018-7-1_11-59-42.png

You also have the less expensive option of when it is convenient for you to drive less than 2 miles to the nearby Supercharger and not costing you anything if you are willing to wait for the Supercharge.

Larry

I think it would be great if Universal Studios added public charging to their parking garages that service the 2 theme parks, waterpark and CityWalk.

I've e-mailed them asking to consider adding charging stations but the more feedback they get the better. I'd encourage anyone who agrees to please shoot them a quick e-mail or give them a call:

E-mail Form: Universal Orlando - Guest Services or call (407) 224-4233 [Option #4]

I think it would be great if Universal Studios added public charging to their parking garages that service the 2 theme parks, waterpark and CityWalk.

I've e-mailed them asking to consider adding charging stations but the more feedback they get the better. I'd encourage anyone who agrees to please shoot them a quick e-mail or give them a call:

E-mail Form: Universal Orlando - Guest Services or call (407) 224-4233 [Option #4]
Hi David,

I agree and think it would be great if Universal installed more destination chargers on their properties and think that it would be fine to encourage them to do so. In fact, I have had face to face conversations with the Senior Vice President of Park Operations, who happens to be a Tesla owner, trying to convince him to have more Tesla Destination Chargers installed on Universal properties. Since that conversation a number of installations were added.

I would like to point out in the interest of fairness to Universal, that they have done a much better job than others in installing free Tesla Destination Chargers than any other Orlando Theme Park and should be recognized for being more proactive than their competition. CityWalk already has two Tesla Destination Chargers as part of their valet service there. As I pointed out in posting #5, Universal currently has 7 locations with Tesla Wall Connectors all of which offer free charging to patrons. The CityWalk valet does have a fee for parking however.

Larry

Reactions: alternator