TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Volkswagen e-Up EV details released

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by Norbert, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Norbert

Norbert TSLA will win

Volkswagen e-Up Electric Minicar: Forbidden Fruit For Europe Only

Volkswagen Unveils Its First Production Electric Car | PluginCars.com

Price?

2. widodh

widodh Model S R231 EU

Again, a ICE car converted to an EV... It will never be as good as an EV developed up from the ground.

I saw the news here as well, no price though.

3. Bipo

Bipo Member

I want to know the max. AC charging power it can support... Maybe 22 kW?

4. GSP

GSP Member

More info on the VW e-up! from the Sociery of Automotive Engineers. Like any good EV, it is quicker than the (anemic) gas version. It still fits the "punishment car" mold however.

More interesting than the e-up specs is this info on VW's electric powertrain effort:

This year the VW Group as a whole is scheduled to offer 14 models available with electric or hybrid drive. If public demand is sufficient, up to 40 new models could be fitted with alternative drivetrains, said Prof. Dr. Martin Winterkorn, CEO of Volkswagen AG: “We have developed the know-how for electric motors and battery systems at our own component plants; we have recruited 400 top experts for electric traction and qualified almost 70,000 development production and service employees in this new technology, the biggest electrification training program in the industry.”

The VW Group’s annual R&D budget tops €7 billion, with electric programs and projects taking a “significant” chunk of that.

The e-up! points way to VW’s electric future - SAE International

GSP