Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Volkswagen Group To Produce 22 Million EVs By 2028: Over 50% In China

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
In around 10 years, VW Group intends to produce 11.6 million BEVs in China By the way of the 2019 Shanghai Auto Show, Volkswagen Group announced a bold electrification strategy, which envisions production of 22 million all-electric cars (by all the brands and joint ventures globally) by 2028. The biggest part of the pie falls...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2019/04/16/vw-produce-22-million-ev-by-2022/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

• Funny
Reactions: Thumper
This must be true. I saw a VW event at a taco place in NYC today and they had their ID BUGGY there. Clearly this is the most sensible path forward. I can’t tell you how many folks are craving a 2 seater electric dune buggy. My 70 year old mom was just telling me the other day how the lack of an electric dune buggy is the ONLY thing holding her back from buying an EV.

I think VW is poised to dominate EVs with all the R&D they’ve been pouring into them. Any year now... anyyyyy year....

• Funny
Reactions: UTMB and SO16
This must be true. I saw a VW event at a taco place in NYC today and they had their ID BUGGY there. Clearly this is the most sensible path forward. I can’t tell you how many folks are craving a 2 seater electric dune buggy. My 70 year old mom was just telling me the other day how the lack of an electric dune buggy is the ONLY thing holding her back from buying an EV.

I think VW is poised to dominate EVs with all the R&D they’ve been pouring into them. Any year now... anyyyyy year....

Not so fast, you forgot about the Audi e-tron. 160 mile range, a reasonable price point of $80,000 built by a company with a reputation for delivering products to specification. Formidable network of chargers, dozens available across the nation. Tesla Killer.

Spew tons of particulates that make cities sick (look up the Six Cities study).
Lie about those deliberate emissions.
Cover up the violations of environmental law with computer code that hides excess (and demonstrably lethal) emissions during testing.

Then settle these criminal violations for billions of euros that your corporation can spend on token infrastructure for vaporware EVs.

As the undisputed leader in Electric Vehicles*, VW takes another giant step forward in their dominance. Following on the stunning releases of the R-8 etron*, multiple class leading generations of the e-tron*, VW ID*, the company has now announced a vehicle production path to 25million annual** EV.

“We are, by far, the leaders in this field. The new E-Tron boasts a class leading 500 mile range** and 5 minute charge time**” Herr Bullshitmasser, Senior Vice President Electric Vehicles*, “where as Mr. Musk is struggling to meet a tiny goal of 0.5m production, VW is far ahead now having announced production of 25m.”

*Vehicle Press Releases (not to be mistaken for actual vehicles”

** VW internal testing results

• Funny
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
meanwhile VW slashed their production targets for the E-Tron in 2019 again because they can`t get enough batteries and still have no means to actually get bigger volumes as they`re 100% dependent on 3rd parties there which won`t change in the foreseeable future.....