TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Volt #2 Auction

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by Alexandra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Alexandra

Alexandra New Member

#1 Alexandra, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2010
    GM is auctioning off the first consumer available Volt to benefit the Detroit public schools' math & science program. Volt #1 goes to the GM museum, this is Volt #2!

There are only 2 days left in the auction. The current bid is only $185,000, and has been stuck there for days. Seems like a great opportunity.

This is too low a price for a car that is the second vehicle off the production line, a car that has technology never before seen in a mass produced vehicle. If you are be interested, or if you know anyone interested, in this museum worthy Volt, bid now http://volt.charitybuzz.com or http://bidonthevolt.com.

100% of the proceeds go to Detroit public schools, yes, but higher bids will also enhance the reputation of plug in cars. Check out the page and spread the word about this auction amongst your EV enthusiast (or wealthy) friends!

2. AndrewBissell

AndrewBissell Member

I suppose it would be cheeky to win the auction and then publicly crush it.

(Notes:
    1. I couldn't afford to
    2. Tongue firmly in cheek)

3. Adm

Adm Active Member

Priceless Andrew! No better way to start your working day than with a big laugh....

4. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

Thanks for the chuckle Andrew! :biggrin:

Maybe TM should buy it then put it on the 1/4 mile track against a 2.5 Roadster?...might get some good P.R. for them (use the GM moniker to attract attention) showing the uninformed how a true EV can perform. :biggrin::wink:

5. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

We should win it then do a Top Gear-style review to show just how well this "EV" works with no gas/petrol in it.

I'll chip in £10.

6. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

Even better! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Count me in...:wink:

7. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

haha... come on now...
    Though it's not the car for me, I hope that the Volt is successful.

8. mattjs33

mattjs33 Member

Um, I don't think anybody would be fooled by that. Be like putting a Cruze up against a Ferrari. There's a reason it's expensive!