Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Volt to Tesla Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no CD player in MS? How do you play your CD's?

Rip them to a USB Stick, all of them will be on one stick then - no need to change CDs :). Perhaps you already have them as MP3s for Sonos or somesuch? ... or just listen to music online (Spotify in the UK, I think its Slacker in USA?)

regen braking isn't as strong initially until battery pack warms up?

Only in cold weather, but "yeah". If plugged in I think (discussion has gone back-and-forth and I've forgotten the upshot) you can turn something on via your Phone APP that will warm the cabin and side effect warm the battery too. Regen also limited if battery is 100% charged (maybe same in Volt). Also no regen once speed falls to single digits.

Personally I would prefer that Regen was on brake pedal so that it was the "same" regardless of state of THIS or THAT. It catches me out at the first T-junction when I charge to 100% and on some cold days.

That said, I do love the one-pedal-driving too ...

We went from two gen 1 Volts to Roadster + S85D a year ago. The only thing I miss about the Volts was how easy they were to plug in. Pull up, flip open the charge port door and plug in. The port being located forward of the driver's door made it a quick 5-second task. The Roadster was made pre-J1772, so there's always an adapter involved that needs to be retrieved from the trunk. In most cases (for me), the Model S needs to be backed up to a charger. If it's public, there's likely going to be an adapter involved. Every time I charged my Volt in public and saw a Model S pull up, I wondered why it took so long for the owner to plug in and why they always went around to the back and fumbled around in the trunk. On the flipside, we only charge the Teslas a couple of nights a week versus every night with the Volts. Totally a first world problem.

I actually like the Tesla charge port location better - not always walking around the front door to plug/unplug. It's true that it leads to more backing into spaces, though. I never have to fumble around in my trunk because I keep the J1772 adapter in my driver's door pocket, but I guess that's not an option for many Teslas.