Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Volta Chargers in Nassau Park Shopping Center, Princeton NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are pairs of Volta chargers in two spots in Nassau Park - a set near Dick's Sporting Goods / Panera, and a set near Best Buy (if I recall correctly).

I wasn't aware of Volta before I saw these, but they're an ad-supported free charging network that, per their website, started in Hawaii. I reached out to their support email asking when these chargers will be live and didn't really expect to hear back, but they got back to within a few minutes and said they expect to get final approval from the local inspector in a couple weeks.

Would be curious what speeds these put out if anyone sees them live and tests them. (Also curious how frequently they end up ICE'd.)

There are pairs of Volta chargers in two spots in Nassau Park - a set near Dick's Sporting Goods / Panera, and a set near Best Buy (if I recall correctly).

I wasn't aware of Volta before I saw these, but they're an ad-supported free charging network that, per their website, started in Hawaii. I reached out to their support email asking when these chargers will be live and didn't really expect to hear back, but they got back to within a few minutes and said they expect to get final approval from the local inspector in a couple weeks.

Would be curious what speeds these put out if anyone sees them live and tests them. (Also curious how frequently they end up ICE'd.)

Was just at Nassau Park yesterday and I noticed the set by Dick's. Didn't know what Volta was before this, but yeah it appears they are free to use. Looks like they use a J1772 connection. PlugShare says the set by Dick's is not operational yet but the set by Best Buy are.

Regarding how often they'll be ICE'd- the spots are very clearly marked, and even set at a slight angle compared to the regular spots, and there's lots of signage. So I wouldn't expect them to be ICE'd too often, short of someone doing it purposefully out of spite.

It's a great amenity to add to any shopping center. I will be using these any time I go to Nassau Park.

• Informative
Reactions: MrWattson
They are installing them all over in mall parking lots with revenue generated by ads. They charge at 40A typically which should net approx. 40mph on a 3/Y.

I've used several volta sites. They are low end speed L2, often iced, hogged by plug-in hybrids with 10 mile ranges and sometimes are inoperable often from abuse. One place they were replaced by ChargePoint which charges idle fees which works to disuade hogs - I like that

PlugShare says the set by Dick's is not operational yet but the set by Best Buy are.

I had looked at PlugShare and didn't see them, and after seeing your post I looked more deeply into PlugShare and realized I didn't have the Volta network enabled for display.

Regarding how often they'll be ICE'd- the spots are very clearly marked, and even set at a slight angle compared to the regular spots, and there's lots of signage. So I wouldn't expect them to be ICE'd too often, short of someone doing it purposefully out of spite.

Yeah, I really hope that's the case. My concern was they're prime parking near a few stores and people might (spitefully?) ignore the very clear signage.