TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Volume increments to 11 (improved in P85D/newer firmware)

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Footbag, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Footbag

Footbag Member

In reading past posts, it seemed like there were complaints of the Model S only having 11 volume settings... In my P85D, I noticed that before the number increases, I have 2 or 3 presses of the button/changes of volume (this was likely using the steering wheel button, don't think I used the onscreen buttons). Was it true that it only had 11 settings before, and thus is this a welcome little improvement that there are now ~30 settings for the volume?

2. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

Originally, the early Model S VINs were released with a software version that had only 11 volume settings. The three-clicks-per-volume-number behavior came in with an early firmware update, perhaps two years ago.

3. JST

JST Active Member

As goofy as it is, I do appreciate that they kept the Spinal Tap reference, even if using three clicks for every 1 volume increase is not terribly user friendly. It is one of my favorite little easter eggs in the car.

4. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

5. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

"When you need that extra push over the cliff."

6. Vitaman

Vitaman Member

Thanks for bringing this up.
    I thought it was a glitch in the interface.