TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Volume increments to 11 (improved in P85D/newer firmware)

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Footbag, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Footbag

Footbag Member

In reading past posts, it seemed like there were complaints of the Model S only having 11 volume settings... In my P85D, I noticed that before the number increases, I have 2 or 3 presses of the button/changes of volume (this was likely using the steering wheel button, don't think I used the onscreen buttons). Was it true that it only had 11 settings before, and thus is this a welcome little improvement that there are now ~30 settings for the volume?

2. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX;S90D;XP100D;3LR

Originally, the early Model S VINs were released with a software version that had only 11 volume settings. The three-clicks-per-volume-number behavior came in with an early firmware update, perhaps two years ago.

3. JST

JST Active Member

As goofy as it is, I do appreciate that they kept the Spinal Tap reference, even if using three clicks for every 1 volume increase is not terribly user friendly. It is one of my favorite little easter eggs in the car.

4. scaesare

scaesare Well-Known Member

5. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

"When you need that extra push over the cliff."

6. Vitaman

Vitaman Member

Thanks for bringing this up.
    I thought it was a glitch in the interface.