Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Volume on High

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bouba

Sep 23, 2021
France
Hi everyone...every time I get into the the car my volume reverts back to high..and as we all know the Model 3 sound system can make your ears bleed.
Is there a way that the volume can stay at the same setting that you parked it with?

I think the phone...and I keep my phone on hi volume...so I will experiment...thanks 👍
If the source is indeed your phone, then that's where the problem almost certainly lies. To be sure, just switch your source from the phone to the car's radio. If the volume is more reasonable then the problem is definitely the sound settings on your phone and nothing to do with the car

Reactions: Bouba
Hi everyone...every time I get into the the car my volume reverts back to high..and as we all know the Model 3 sound system can make your ears bleed.
Is there a way that the volume can stay at the same setting that you parked it with?
Mine does this too when using my phone as the source through bluetooth. I have yet to figure out how to fix it because it happens even when the volume on my phone is low or off when I get in the car ... it's like it resets it to hi. Very, very annoying when I forget, that's for sure.

I have a similar problem using iPhone 13 Pro. The volume resets to high anytime a new app makes a sound. For example:
  • Calendar notification
  • Text message
  • New email
  • Nest app alert
Usually it turns volume to 10. I turn it down on phone and car. Then it’s at 10 again when a new app makes a sound.

Other times the volume shows 1, but it plays at 10.

It is SUPER unsafe. I took it in for service but they had no idea, and I didn’t figure out how to replicate it well until after I left. Will return.

I haven’t had an issue in my five days of ownership. I generally have my phone on vibrate and my volume all the way down, and turn it up per circumstance if I need sound for something. In my old car, when my phone connected to the Bluetooth, the phone would change to maybe 85-90% volume and the car would always start set at whatever volume (maybe I had set this previously - not sure). With the Tesla, when the phone connects to Bluetooth, it adjusts the phone to maybe 8% and I adjust the volume as required (up) through the scroll wheel.

I have a second generation iPhone SE. It's operating system is currently up to date. For what it's worth, I have never had any problems with the volume levels on in my M3 when using the phone to play music via bluetooth. Also, any text messages the car "reads" to me are at a normal level. So is the ringtone when I get a call in the car. I'm stumped by the problems some of you are having.