Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Volume on Tesla Model 3. Why no gradual rise?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It sux when you pause the volume and you had it loud. Then when you restart music the volume starts back off where you left off at max volume. Any setting you can change that will prevent from blowing your speakers? This should be a simple software upgrade where it should gradually go back up. What you guys think?

I have never seen a car stereo that did this. The volume is what it's set at. There's nothing stopping you from turning the volume down before you unpause whatever you're about to resume listening to.

If you're concerned about blowing your speakers, why would you even want it to ramp the volume up to that level where you're concerned in the first place?

My Chevy Bolt had a Max startup Volume setting, meaning I could choose how loud I wanted the radio to be on startup.
My 2 cars previous to the Bolt also had slow rise on the radio volume to keep from blaring on power up.

It should really be a simple software adjustment to allow a Maximum startup volume as the controls are digital.

Maybe we need to tweet Elon.....

My Chevy Bolt had a Max startup Volume setting, meaning I could choose how loud I wanted the radio to be on startup.
My 2 cars previous to the Bolt also had slow rise on the radio volume to keep from blaring on power up.

It should really be a simple software adjustment to allow a Maximum startup volume as the controls are digital.

Maybe we need to tweet Elon.....

I agree with you. My old 2012 Elantra had this feature .It should be a simple software upgrade .When you open the door the volume goes down so should do the same on a pause or mute .

It sux when you pause the volume and you had it loud. Then when you restart music the volume starts back off where you left off at max volume. Any setting you can change that will prevent from blowing your speakers? This should be a simple software upgrade where it should gradually go back up. What you guys think?

Agree. Not every pause, but definitely some un-pauses result in a “sound spike” which caused me to flinch because it really does sound like the speakers just got hammered. (Predominantly Spotify use)
I’m no audio engineer but looking back I now believe all my others cars had some sort of soft un-pause built in.

I too do like the volume drop for doors opening.

Reactions: borijess3
After a phone call, when the audio unmutes, it is generally a huge audio spike, that while probably won't harm the speakers, it is certainly not good for my ears or the surprised passengers. I would like a ramped unmute, maybe 250-500ms (1/4 - 1/2 sec)

I do think this would be an excellent feature to add. Many cars do this, and it allows you to hit the volume “down” button before the levels get uncomfortable if you previously had it set high.

I am annoyed when the volume jumps back up, often after completing phone calls or hopping back into the car after getting my mail from the cluster mailbox stand. A 2-second ramp up would be vastly better.

This problem happens after the parking assist chime goes off, calls ending... doesn’t seem to happen on navigation prompts. Volume seems to be more than what it was and then quickly dips back. It is very noticeable when you have a bass heavy song playing and right at that moment it resumes, a loud quick blast that would shock you.

I’ve tried to report this problem to Tesla a couple months back but no fix still.