Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Volume shoots up to max volume

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife put her phone on the passenger side charging spot. As we were driving along, She got a phone call. She picked up her phone just to hamg up on the call. The radio volume suddenly went very loud. It has happened twice. Any idea what is going on?

My wife put her phone on the passenger side charging spot. As we were driving along, She got a phone call. She picked up her phone just to hamg up on the call. The radio volume suddenly went very loud. It has happened twice. Any idea what is going on?
On Twitter, someone mentioned this issue and Elon responded that he would look into it. It appears to be a new bug that needs to be squashed.

Upvote 0
I have had this occasional bug for some months, or a closely related bug. Most strangely, I seem to get these sudden volume increases to maximum when I'm slowly cruising through a parking lot. Much less commonly if I'm driving normally on the road.

When it happens, it likes to happen two or three times within a minute. Interesting to hear that iPhone users or having the bug also - I had thought it might be an Android quirk.

Upvote 0