Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Volume Slider is limited

JamesIng

Apr 28, 2019
Santa Clarita, CA
Anyone notice the volume slider trick doesn’t quite have the “range” it did before the latest update? I used to be able slide my finger from minimum to max but now it only moves slightly in the same finger-distance on the screen.

jmaddr

Mar 29, 2019
Florida
Yeah, I've noticed that too. Not sure I like that.
There are a lot of UI tweaks Tesla could do. More personalization and the like of that tray would be great.

Jul 15, 2019
Cincinnati
i have a slightly related issue where any function i do while the BT is streaming from my phone, my phone's volume slider will appear.

tr1sk

Apr 7, 2019
SoCal
I've noticed the same thing. It actually seems to be faster now to tap on either end of the slider than it is to slide you finger to change the volume. If I had to guess, this is to prevent a passenger from accidentally swiping to the right or tapping in the far right range and "instantly" changing the volume from a normal listening level to something jarringly loud. But it is kind of annoying. Of course, it's still way easier for the driver to change volume with the roller on the steering wheel then messing around on the screen.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC