Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Volunteers needed for an EV Project at Everett Community College, 4/23 and 4/24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

My name is Joe Graber and I am an Engineering Instructor at Everett Community College. This quarter I am teaching our Introduction to Engineering Course where students learn basic engineering analysis through hands-on projects. One of the projects I have developed is based on Electric Vehicles. Students perform calculations to compare the cost and environmental impact of electric versus internal combustion vehicles.

This project starts next week and to get the students interested and provide hands-on experience I have arranged for Nissan to bring 2 Leafs to our campus. I contacted the Tesla Dealer, but they were not able to attend.

I am posting here to see if there are any local Tesla owners who would be interested in bringing their vehicles to our college and answering a few questions for my Engineering students.

We will be meeting this Wednesday 4/23 at 12:20pm and also this Thursday at 4:00pm. The classes are made up of 24 students each. It would be up to you if you want to simply show your vehicle and answer some questions, or provide test rides for group of students.

We are located at 2000 Tower Street in Everett. There are blink chargers located on campus.

Please let me know if you are interested or if you have any questions.

Each class lasts 2 hours and 40 minutes. So the daytime class is from 12:20 - 3:00 pm and the evening class is from 4 - 6:40 pm, however, I do not expect the "car viewing" to take the full class time. I would expect it will be about an hour and a half to two hours for students to ask questions and take rides in the Leafs (or is it leaves?). After that we will return to the classroom and students will work on their projects.

If you are interested in helping out and you can only stay an hour, that would be fine as well. We prefer to have cars at both sessions, but we will take whatever we can get. If we have a Tesla at only one session I'll just tell the students in the other class to stop by if they are available.

I was there on Wednesday and it was fun. The kids seemed really excited to see the car and compare it to the leaf. I myself and never seen under the hood of a leaf and was a bit shocked.

If you were to look under your frunk liner you might be shocked as well! :)

teslaservice-front-c1004.jpg

If you were to look under your frunk liner you might be shocked as well! :)

View attachment 48776

ive be actually seen under our frunk liner. But under the leafs hood it looks just like an ICE. That's what I was surprised about. Under our frunk liner just looks like a bunch of electrical wires. The leaf looks. Like an actual motor with the 12v battery sitting right there. In fact many of the kids that day commented on that very thing. They wanted to know where our motor was and I. Said well under the rear seats. Tesla has done a lot more than just putting together a good looking car and a bigger battery that. Can make the car go further than it's competitors.