Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Volvo: A contender?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 11.39.52 AM.png
What do y'all think? You can get this handsome 2017 V90 wagon with almost EVERY available option, including limited self-driving functionality that's been favorably compared to Tesla's, for $67k.
www.volvocars.com/us/cars/new-models/v90

Of course, you miss out on the high torque electric powertrain and OTA updates, but it's a beautiful cabin. And there's even a power sunshade over the panoramic sunroof! I love Tesla, drink the Kool Aid, but they are expensive

My wife considered the S90 when she was looking but chose the Model S. I am considering the V90 for my next car. It is only available as a custom order in the US and non will be available in showrooms. Only the Cross County version is available in the US as a standard model. It's been out in Europe for a while and there have been some concerns. Similar to the Tesla it is having problems with the software for various items. But unlike the Tesla, you have to take it to the dealer for the updates. I checked out the Cross County version to see if it will be large enough for my needs and it is borderline. We have a large dog that would be a tight squeeze in the back. The T6 S90 we test drove had plenty of power from the turbo/supercharged 4 cylinder. A little bit more noisy than the Tesla though. :)

• Informative
Reactions: DIL