Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Volvo Cars announces new target of 1 million electrified cars sold by 2025

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NeverFollow

Aug 9, 2010
Volvo Cars announces new target of 1 million electrified cars sold by 2025
This this an easy goal to write on paper! Since there is no mention of Electric Charging network
or huge battery factory on the way, so I guess the goal is for both hybrid and fully electric cars.

This remind me: "Back in 2008, with gas prices averaging nearly $4 a gallon,
President Barack Obama set a goal of getting one million plug-in electric vehicles on the roads by 2015".
Electric vehicle sales fall far short of Obama goal

Last edited:
Reactions: Gilzo
This this an easy goal to write on paper! Since there is no mention of Electric Charging network
or huge battery factory on the way, so I guess the goal is for both hybrid and fully electric cars.

Yeah Volvo, at least currently, bundles both hybrids and fully electric cars under the "Electrified" umbrella. They've promised their first fully electric car to be out 2018.

What I've been wondering that would it be Volvo who has been in talks with Tesla regarding using the Supercharger network?

You know, the "non-German European car manufacturer"?

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Yeah Volvo, at least currently, bundles both hybrids and fully electric cars under the "Electrified" umbrella. They've promised their first fully electric car to be out 2018.

What I've been wondering that would it be Volvo who has been in talks with Tesla regarding using the Supercharger network?

You know, the "non-German European car manufacturer"?
Too bad Saab isn't still making cars/around....

Volvo makes good cars. They've been in our family for almost 2 decades and have been very reliable. An all electric S80 with 200+ mile range and all the safety features would compete with and in many instances, complement Model 3. Would require a charging network.

Volvo is setting a few goals that will be difficult to meet. They are also working toward no fatal accidents in new cars by 2020. If they can pull these things off they will be a welcome and worthy competitor to Tesla. If I can't find a CPO Model S I like and in my budget a V60 will be my Model 3 holdover car.

Yeah Volvo, at least currently, bundles both hybrids and fully electric cars under the "Electrified" umbrella...

Ford does this well. There are all types of headlines like, "Ford to invest 4G" in electrified vehicles" and when you read the article it's clear the author thinks they mean all plug-ins when it really means.

90% non-rechargeable hybrids.
No purpose-built EVs, PHEVs or even hybrids.
Hybrid technology that is behind Toyota's.
Outsourcing of just about everything plug-in specific.