Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Volvo EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
made in china is why.

Well, it wouldn't make much difference to you if it was made down the street from me here in Sweden.

And as many of the others stated, it's a Chinese owned company now, so it would only make sense to have manufacturing in China.
But I'm still hoping that we will also see some of the production here in Sweden when they will move more into EVs. It would tie in nice with the Northvolt (giga)factory they are planning here as well.

===>I would really, really like this thread's title to be changed. There is no cause for such crudity.<=====

It certainly does say something unpleasant about the original poster, however.

I think a Volvo EV manufactured in China makes good business sense. What they save in labor and energy costs may pay for the freight back to Europe and North America. The 20% Chinese import tariff they avoid may enable Volvo to sell a lot of cars in China, where EV use is encouraged by the government.

Yes, Free speech and all you know...:rolleyes:.

No, I don't know. Free speech doesn't apply here.

The First Amendment to the Constitution has no application here. This is not a government owned website. It's a private site that the public is invited to attend, subject to its own rules, and after that only subject to legislation that does not allow discrimination on the basis of race, religion, etc. But you can find a lot of sites on the internet who do that and the government does not intervene.

If the owners or moderators want to banish any or all posts that are critical to Tesla, or vice-versa, they can do it without explanation and without breaking any laws. In my view, they do a great job of moderating both extremes.