Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Volvo owns TeslaMotorClub.com?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, lol, first, that’s the usual typo of TELSA. Wonder if Tesla bought up a bunch of typo’d domains (even a TMC one) to stop cybersquatting and has some random ad server on it, hence the random auto ad.

I didn’t take the time to see who actually owns the telsamotorclub domain, but enterprising network folks can do so! :D

As I like to say, 'cock-up over conspiracy' or 'Never attribute to malice what can be easily attributed to stupidity' (see: Hanlon's Razor)

In this case, nobody owns telsamotorclub.com domain. It's unregistered.

So what happened here is your ISP intercepted the call to the non-existant domain name (NXDOMAIN), and showed you some paying (related) ads instead (probably Google Adwords). So blame your ISP for showing you the ads. Not Volvo.

Wait. You posted teslamotorclub.com but the link you posted is telsamotorclub.com (the www. doesn't matter). Which one was it?

teslamotorclub.com exists, but goes to an advertising chain (different every time).

tels
amotorclub.com doesn't exist.

I updated the link after the initial post. It was the advertising chain. I got Volvo ads.