Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Volvo S60-sized EV with 300 mile-plus in 2019

voyager

Apr 28, 2009
Amsterdam, Netherlands
volvo-commits-to-electric-car-development_100530491_m.jpg

Full-electric S60-sized model with 300 mile-plus range to lead range of electrified Volvos. Volvo will have a full range of plug-in vehicles by 2020, led by an all-electric, Tesla-rivalling S60-sized car. Plug-in hybrid versions of all other production cars will be offered, including the new V40 front-wheel drive hatch due in 2017.

Volvo’s all-electric Tesla rival to arrive in 2019 | Auto Express

Last edited:

JohnSnowNW

Feb 13, 2015
Minnesota
I was wondering if this news is an indication of the European company (non-German) that was in talks with Tesla about the Supercharger network.

MorrisonHiker

S 100D 2021.4.18.2
Mar 8, 2015
Colorado
I was wondering if this news is an indication of the European company (non-German) that was in talks with Tesla about the Supercharger network.

That's what I was hoping for when I heard the news but most seemed to think it was Aston Martin. Hopefully Volvo and others jump on board the Supercharger wagon. :smile:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC